Saturday, August 22, 2015

Starting My Life As An Iska


Being a student of the University of the Philippines is something that I didn't imagine even in my wildest dreams. Since I was little, I already looked up to the students who have entered the top university in our country, wishing I would be one. But as time went by, I witnessed my older siblings fail the upcat so I thought that I had no chance of passing it too. I didn't even want to take the "mind breaking" entrance exam when I was in fourth year high school but my family believed in me so I pushed through.  Fast forward to January 12, 2015, when the upcat results were released, I didn't even checked or visited the website of UP. I just went home from school like it's a normal day, watched TV then slept... until my friend called me on my phone, said that I passed the exam and the rest was history.

Now, that I am officially an "Iskolar ng Bayan", I am still in awe because God has given me a wonderful blessing. But on the other hand, I am also having a hard time on adjusting and coping up with the changes that's happening in my life... The transformation from a high school girl to a more mature and responsible college girl. They say that entering the University of the Philippines is hard and graduating from it is even harder. Yes, I believe it is true but I say nothing worth having comes easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment